Congratulations to our 2017 Scholarship Recipients!
Golf Ontario provides financial assistance to deserving student golfers throughout Ontario who continue their education at the post-secondary level. Support for the program began with a Trust Fund in 1994 and more recently through the cooperation of the Golf Ontario's corporate partners and a variety of successful marketing initiatives.
Golf Ontario also awards annual scholarships to deserving students enrolled in an Ontario Golf Management Program.
Are you Eligible for a Scholarship?
Application for a Golf Ontario scholarship is open to candidates pursuing full-time post-secondary studies fulfilling the following criteria:
- Candidate must maintain a 75% (or equivalent) overall academic average.
- Candidate must be a member at Golf Canada member club or Gold member of the Public Player program.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate their involvement in the game of golf.
Only Online applications will be accepted. Application packages must include ALL of the following items, Incomplete applications will not be accepted:
- A Scholarship Application form – online submission only
- Complete academic history – a transcript is mandatory
Proof of acceptance (first year students) or proof of enrolment (returning students) from your post-secondary institution
- Proof of Golf Canada membership
- A typed, one-page essay on “How has Golf impacted your life” written and signed by the applicant
- One letter of recommendation from a school official
- One letter of recommendation from another appropriate source
- Documentation signed by a school official which outlines the effect any outside scholarship monies may have on existing scholarships provided by the school (for applicants attending a post-secondary school in the US only).
**Please Note Incomplete Applications will not be accepted**
**Successful Applicants are NOT ELIGIBLE to reapply in subsequent years**
**Application deadline is July 15th. Successful Candidates will be notified no later than August 15th.**
Please direct all inquiries to Mallory Dayman, firstname.lastname@example.org, (905) 852-1101 ext. 237
Special Scholarship Awards
Golf Ontario has developed special scholarship awards to honour the memory of amazing Ontarian Ken McKenzie, Christine Fisher, Craig Revell and Helena Harbridge, who have contributed so much to the game of golf in the province. In conjuction with the McKenzie, Fisher, Revell and Harbridge families, Golf Ontario will present these special awards to a deserving recipient, who demonstrates the passion and dedication to the game that was ever so present in Ken, Christine, Craig and Helena.
Ken McKenzie Award
Christine Fisher Memorial Student Award
Craig Revell Scholarship
Helena Harbridge Scholarship
Investors Group Scholarships (2)
Investors Group is a proud sponsor of Golf Ontario and generous contributor to the Golf Ontario Scholarship Program. Preference for these awards will be given to students pursuing post-secondary studies with a focus in Business.