Golf Ontario has been providing financial assistance annually to deserving student golfers throughout Ontario who are continuing their education at the post-secondary level since 1994. This scholarship program, made possible with the support of our corporate partners and sponsors, allows us to award multiple scholarships each year that support student golfers and their post-secondary education dreams.
Back in 2016, Golf Ontario celebrated a milestone as the association surpassed $500,000 in scholarship funds awarded since the program’s inception. Three years later in 2019, $596,000 in total has now been awarded to hundreds of recipients.
In 2019, Golf Ontario has selected another 10 deserving student golfers who will receive funding to help with their post-secondary studies. We are very proud to announce the following players as our 2019 Golf Ontario scholarship recipients.
Golf Ontario would like to congratulate the 2019 recipients and wish them luck in their post-secondary studies.
Are you Eligible for a Scholarship?
Application for a Golf Ontario scholarship is open to candidates pursuing full-time post-secondary studies fulfilling the following criteria:
- Candidate must maintain a 75% (or equivalent) overall academic average.
- Candidate must be a member at Golf Ontario/Golf Canada member club or Gold member of the Public Player program.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate their involvement in the game of golf.
Only Online applications will be accepted. Application packages must include ALL of the following items, Incomplete applications will not be accepted:
- A Scholarship Application form – online submission only
- Complete academic history – a transcript is mandatory
Proof of acceptance (first year students) or proof of enrollment (returning students) from your post-secondary institution
- Proof of Golf Ontario/Golf Canada membership
- A typed, one-page essay on “How has Golf impacted your life” written and signed by the applicant
- One letter of recommendation from a school official
- One letter of recommendation from another appropriate source
- Documentation signed by a school official which outlines the effect any outside scholarship monies may have on existing scholarships provided by the school (for applicants attending a post-secondary school in the US only).
**Please Note Incomplete Applications will not be accepted**
**Successful Applicants are NOT ELIGIBLE to reapply in subsequent years**
**Application deadline is July 15, 2019.**
Please direct all inquiries to Mallory Dayman, email@example.com, (905) 852-1101 ext. 237
Special Scholarship Awards
Golf Ontario has developed special scholarship awards to honour the memory of amazing Ontarian Ken McKenzie, Christine Fisher, Craig Revell and Helena Harbridge, who have contributed so much to the game of golf in the province. In conjuction with the McKenzie, Fisher, Revell and Harbridge families, Golf Ontario will present these special awards to a deserving recipient, who demonstrates the passion and dedication to the game that was ever so present in Ken, Christine, Craig and Helena.
Ken McKenzie Award
Christine Fisher Memorial Student Award
Craig Revell Scholarship
Helena Harbridge Scholarship